Monday, May 17, 2010

To Spank or Not To Spank?

My oh My,...I have had such a rough time with three of the four kids. They talk back to me,..they hit me,..they just are not being godly whatsoever. I have tried the corner, taking toys away, priveleges away,..and nothing works. I finally gave in to what DH and my mom said and started to spank. Yes, Spank. Ofcourse,..Im not going off just spanking them as I please. Their are rules that are to be followed and/or obeyed or that bootie is mine. It has been two day's and surprisingly their attitudes have improved I havent even needed to use it by the end of day two!! I am now a strong believer in spanking's!! Children do need to understand when mommy say's "NO" she mean's "NO". I too was like those other parents that would say that word a million times and my children still got away doing it and all I would respond was, " Well, don't do that again or else"...by then "else" nevercame and the kids knew that already. Children are not as naive as we think,..even my two year old has pulled the rug over my eyes once or twice. They learn to work us as parents to get what they want when they want. Knowing that nothing bad is gonna happen. I am not having to repeat myself twice now since they know that if mommy gets up and even thoughy they start doing what I told them to do in the first place, once Im up, they are getting a spanking because I should have not had to get up in the first place. The first day was horrible, but they are learning.

Spanking 101:

1. If I have to GET UP and you start the task I told you to after telling you twice,..too bad your getting a spanking.
2. If you talk back to us,..the first time is a warning the second is a spanking.
3. If you hit us or say bad words to us,..no warnings your getting a spanking.

Prov 13:24 "He that spareth his rod hath this son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes (diligently)."

Prov 19:18 "Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying."

Prov22:15 "Foolishness is boung in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him."

I will not let my child take over my household. Their will be order,..

1 comment:

  1. You're doing the right thing and you have biblical back up!!!

    ReplyDelete